Saturday, November 11, 2017

More --I don't give a good gorram.....

Today: John Denver.  I will NOT apologize for loving his music.  These songs speak to my heart, and of my own life....




Country Roads take me home...to the place I belong................ take me home country roads.........take me home.........

Thank God I'm a Country GIRL!!! Yeah!!! ....leaving on a jet plane....




Rocky Mountain High!! yes!!("..he was born in the summer of his 27th year..........on the road and hanging by a song...")

"Music makes pictures and often tells stories,...all of it magic and all of it true............... the music is you...."

----------------------------------

Perhaps because I first listened to John's music in my early teenage years... that time just sticks with me,...it's in my heart and in my soul.  I understand the stories John Denver tells through his music,... they touch my heart, they live in my soul. 

If you do not understand I feel sorry for you... you cannot know the joy that music brings to the heart when you open your heart and mind to all music.... Thanks Dad and Mom for loving music and watching all of those variety shows on tv when I was small... you have no idea how much it means to me.  


my favorite John Denver album
link to An Evening With John Denver     ...   a link to my other favorite John Denver album...


"The boy from the country, he left his home when he was young
Boy from the country, he loves the sun
He tried to tell us that we should love the land
We turned our heads and laughed
And we did not understand

Sometimes I think that the boy from the country
Is the only one who sees
Because the boy from the country
Doesn't want to see the forest for the trees
Boy from the country, he left his home when he was young
Boy from the country, he loves the sun"







When John Denver died it broke my heart,.. a little piece of me was lost forever in that moment...........

(don't be a spoil-sport, I DARE YOU to give John Denver a try.... at least listen to: Leaving On A Jet Plane)





".........my friend, I will remember you, think of you, and pray for you....and when another day is through I'll still be friends with you......"






No comments:

Post a Comment