Sunday, July 30, 2017

do you know where your food comes from?

I have not yet gotten over learning that a fair number of people think that chocolate milk comes from brown cows..... How many pure white cows have you seen?  What about black cows-do they give licorice milk? I knew better when I was 4 years old, and NOT because anyone told me so.....




Now I have read an article about, (I cannot believe it...) "washing" chicken before cooking it. Seriously?  Why would that make any difference .... I am not going to get into the whole biology or whatever you want to call it, of chicken meat.  And here is some news for one particular ignoramus: the meat was in the animal, the blood was in the animal.... my advice to you is this: if you haven't a clue how it works or where the meat REALLY comes from -become a vegetarian NOW.

(DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE A VEGETARIAN, OR HAVE A WEAK STOMACH, OR WEAK CONSTITUTION --STOP READING RIGHT NOW AND CLOSE THIS WEBPAGE.)

Look at this:
do you understand what the moron is saying?  Do you know where your food comes from?  (It boggles my mind -wondering what they are teaching children in school these days... What ARE they teaching in school anyway?)

"Moron" thinks that they kill animals right at the farm, and package the meat up,...I don't know, I am guessing that this ignorant woman actually believes that they butcher the meat at the farm and -perhaps outdoors? - package it up and put it on store shelves.... maybe by teleportation.... I don't know.

I had a job that took me to meat processing plants --that means a factory where they butcher the meat that you buy in the grocery store.  I never took a tour of the plant -because I am not a moron -I know what they do in the meat processing plant.  The guy asked me every day, 5 or 6 days in a row, if I wanted the tour, and every day I repeated the same thing: "I don't need a tour, thank you. I know what you do here."

Here is a simple break down of the process.....

The farmer raises the animal.... chickens, pigs, cows, turkeys.... whatever.

When the animals reach a certain weight they are ready to be loaded onto a truck.  They put the animals on a truck that then takes the animals to a MEAT PROCESSING plant or factory.  There the animals are unloaded from the truck trailer.

Very shortly thereafter the animals are killed.  This is done in short order because they do not have facilities to feed or water the animals.

At some point here they remove feathers and/or skin from the carcass, which is what the animal has become.

They butcher the carcass. They chop it up into whatever pieces are appropriate for that type of animal meat products.  They render it, removing organs, etc.  Some of the by-product is not allowed to be sold in the U.S.  Those portions, so I was told, are shipped to other countries --I have not tried to verify that -because I simply do not care.

They package the meat in some fashion,... sometimes it is prepared in the plant, and packaged for sale in retail stores right there.  I don't have all the details myself.

check out this video:  Where Does Our Meat Come From?

here is a link to an article about NOT needing to "wash" meat:  According to the USDA washing meat before cooking it is NOT recommended


PLEASE do not spread misinformation on the Internet.



(this is what got me started:  link to Buzz Feed article  and there was a Facebook share of this article on July 27 at 16:16)



No comments:

Post a Comment