Sunday, October 29, 2017

I don't give a good gorram if you know that I love this music...

I'm quite certain that I have already told you about my first teenybopper crush and my Dad's reaction to that.... mmmm,.... I was, what? 8 or 9 years old..... Bobby Sherman.  A silly kiddie crush,... but totally normal for the time we lived in.... 

It has been a very long time,.... I am listening to a Bobby Sherman playlist  on youtube.....

Easy Come, Easy Go,.... Seattle,.... Jennifer.....  these songs spoke to my young heart, plucking the strings of my innocence....  

It truly was all about the music,... songs telling stories to me, love and heartbreak. Heartache.

It mystified my father,... he could not fathom it. And yet, my father liked the music on that particular album.... 



lalala....."I would feel ten feet tall if you were at my side
There ain't nothing in this world I couldn't do
Kings would give up thrones to be
In love for just one hour like me
And that's the way I'd feel if I had you"

..............
and he told me that it was ok for me to follow my own path:


Listening to these songs again, after so many years.... it strikes me that they are upbeat and cheerful,,... that is not me at all, but I really appreciate these happy tunes....  I am an old soul. Melancholy.  Were it not for the happy, cheerful tune I would be deeply depressed... 

Anyway, I am finding it very pleasant to listen to Bobby Sherman again after letting far too much time go by.....

Hey Bobby! I miss you.... you still have a special little corner of my little heart after all these years....



fyi: my taste in music is eclectic,... a very wide range.... from Bobby Sherman to Pink Floyd,.... Jim Morrison, Van Morrison, The Beatles, Ted Nugent, and yes, even David Cassidy.....


have a happy, sunshiny day!!!  bada dada da da......badadada................










No comments:

Post a Comment