Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Maine in the fall....


This photo,... reminds me of a place I wish I could visit....  twice at this time of year I have visited southern Maine.  Both times I found myself in the same town, Kennebunk.  Just down the road, to the south of town, is the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge.  
Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge trail map link.

SJB October 2016

The trail is 1 mile through a wooded area with many views of the surrounding salt marsh.  It is a flat trail, easy walking.  Something about the air and the peacefulness speaks to me... I have always loved walking in the woods.  It is a perfect time of year to visit Maine,... cool mornings and warm afternoons.  This is the in between time,...after the summer beach season, and just before the fall "color" season.  Hotels are available at a slightly lower rate, needing visitors to tide them over during the lull in tourism.


SJB Ocboter 2016


I wish I could go to Maine every year, in late September or early October. 

SJB October 2016

...even though the fall colors are not in full bloom,... I love Maine in this season.  


There lives, in my soul, a great love of nature, of walking solitary through the forest.... as if I were born there, as if it is where I truly belong.....



_________________












No comments:

Post a Comment