Monday, May 6, 2019

life in the universe

...or in this reality anyway... and the irony (if that's the right term) of how some things play out...

I worked at FCA/Chrysler, Belvidere, IL as a contractor/consultant for 567 days.


Like: how for 567 days I worked south-southeast from home.  Which means that every week, at least Monday through Thursday, I drove south on Bell School Road.  This was from the point at which the name of the road changes from Harvey Road,.... at the intersection of Beverage Blvd....  This stretch of road is notoriously bad, a scattering of pavement, blacktop "patched" holes, and holes just big enough to make it a bumpy, noisy ride.  Not even a mile, but .6 miles in length. It has a raised median for one short stretch, and the rest has a median that is painted off, delineated by double yellow stripes.  Those of us who are willing to "color outside the lines" know that: if you drive with the left tires in that median -the ride is smoother.  It is TERRIBLE!!  Additionally, at the intersection with Riverside the pavement sinks... straight across Bell School Road, like an inverted speed bump.  NOT something you want to 'hit' too hard when you drive a Jeep vehicle.  BA-DUMP! every single item in the car jumps into the air and lands again.

My point though, (yes back to the ironies of the universe, or plant Earth anyway)... is that they announced a few weeks ago that Bell School Road would be "rebuilt".  I did not expect anything much to happen in the next 2 or 3 years.... but they put up a lit-up sign 2 weeks ago: "Road Work will begin May 6".  



Here's the thing:  My job, the one that took me down Bell School Road every morning on the way to work....  well that job ended for me, on May 5 (officially).  And --- **wink and nod to the universe** -- my new job is in an entirely different direction!  I will have NO reason to drive on Bell School Road for at least the rest of 2019.  (If only I can remember this when I am on my home from the grocery store.)



So, at the moment, I find the ironies of the universe, or at least of life in Illi-consin, to be more than a little amusing.  
(at least for once the ironies are working in my favor)

....
...
..
.

No comments:

Post a Comment