Sunday, June 19, 2016

travel on a Sunday

Nobody wants to travel for work on a Sunday.  One thing I do like about long drives on Sundays is that some radio stations play Casey Kasem's American Top 40.  Of course they are recordings of the radio program, mostly from the 1970's.  It is easy to slip into that place where you start to believe that you are actually listening to the live show.... I had to continually remind myself that today's show was from 1974.  I know this because one of the Top 10 songs was Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot.  Also, Midnight at the Oasis by Maria Muldaur,.... and I wish I could remember more.  All in all, it was a fun couple of hours listening and singing along.  And the radio station continued to play songs from the early to mid-1970's.  If you were young back then, you could not ask for better entertainment for a long drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment