Monday, March 21, 2016

Propaners? say what?

So, ....I was driving across Iowa not long ago.  I was in a newer car, one with a few more 'bells and whistles' than I am used to having.  For example, there is a button on the steering wheel for "search", making it ridiculously easy to find a suitable radio station without taking your hands off the wheel and your eyes off the road! I love it!! fantastic for a road trip.

Anyway,.... you know how sometimes you miss-hear what is said during a commercial?  I mean either on television or on radio.... I wish I had more examples to include here, but this one miss-heard commercial was a great source of amusement for me over many miles.  I believe I heard this commercial not less that 5 times.
Propaners.  What?  Did I hear that right?  Wait, she's still talking, let's pay attention now.  Hmmm,....interesting, "spare room a mess? clean it out and call propaners...."

Seriously? Propaners?  'spare room a mess? blow it up?'  no!! silly!!! pay attention....

OH!  the lady on the radio commercial is actually saying..... are you ready for this?  Pro painters.  She's talking about redecorating --have that room painted.

And still, the next time the commercial played it sounded the same to me: "propaners".....  I was laughing for miles.... "propaners" blow up that junk filled room.... what the heck, blow up the entire house!!  hehehe......

No comments:

Post a Comment