Sunday, May 6, 2018

see Bad Samaritan!

It's true,... I have been shamelessly promoting a movie, and I get nothing --wait a minute.... If you all go see the movie it is a victory of sorts. 

That movie is Bad Samaritan.  I go to the movies wanting to, expecting to be on a roller coaster ride of thrills and suspense.... how often does that happen? almost never.  But this movie.... 
Bad Samaritan ...had me on the edge of my seat... I don't think I took a breath for 109 minutes --the movie is 110 minutes long!

from my facebook persona

"Bad Samaritan is a cautionary tale of two thieves uncovering more than they bargained for when breaking into a house...."   ....a woman held captive... and one of them, the one who actually speaks with the woman captive,..he cannot let it go. He is compelled to try to help the woman captive.  
And it turns his entire life upside down.... Cale Erendreich knows what he is doing, because he has been doing it for enough years to be arrogant and completely self confident. 
Cale Erendreich is your worst nightmare.

The film begins with disturbing, partially seen images, partially heard sounds, and a gun shot.  And that is where I found myself on the edge of the seat, holding my breath,.... knowing that my heart was going to be racing.... 

Bad Samaritan did not disappoint me at all.... I was enraptured, knowing some of what was coming, but it's all out of left field --you don't see what's coming.... how far will Sean go to try to rescue the woman captive... what will happen to the people Sean cares about if he pursues this? Will the woman captive be rescued.... 

I am not here to give spoilers.... I am here to say: if you want to be wrung out, and charged up, and have one hell of a ride in the movie theater.... Bad Samaritan.

If you know me, you know that I just don't get rattled.  Bad Samaritan is a bit disturbing... it left me wondering if I would have nightmares.... movies don't do that to me!  I did NOT have nightmares after seeing Bad Samaritan. But I will tell you this: over an hour after leaving that theater my heart was still racing... my hands were shaking....  this, THIS is what I go to the movies to experience... and I honestly cannot name any other movie that has given me this much of a charge in a very long time.

If you see one movie in 2018: make it Bad Samaritan. Truly, leave the gratuitous violence behind; forget sex, never mind all the comic book blather,... if you go to the movies to feel alive --see Bad Samaritan. 

....... I think I just talked myself into seeing Bad Samaritan in a movie theater a second time!






#BadSamaritan #DeanDevlin #DavidTennant #KerryCondon #RobertSheehan #JacquelineByers #RobNagle

No comments:

Post a Comment