Friday, March 23, 2018

Ladies I have known and warm afternoons...



Memories of some of the ladies I have known.  
In particular my mother, and her sisters, and sisters-in-law.
Flower gardens, and herbal remedies.
Family wisdom, anecdotes, and folklore.

Gentle breezes.
Warm days.
Relaxed times visiting, sharing, 
a gentleness of love grown over many, many years before me.



Lillian, Mamie, Emma, Helen, Lorene, Winnie,.....and others.....





Lillian, in her dotage, at the nursing home.
A family picnic day....
She, at the head of the table eating watermelon.

She, waving the watermelon at her companions.
Strangers bringing her more watermelon....
I believe she ate an entire watermelon that warm, September afternoon.

She was so happy.
She was the last.
There were no siblings left to visit her.
She enjoyed that afternoon. Very much.











No comments:

Post a Comment