Friday, February 9, 2018

Las Vegas a few years back

I visited Las Vegas in early October of 2000.  It was the second weekend of October, and the weather was perfect.  80F degree days, and 50F nights... for 4 days.  I was there as a tourist, not to gamble.  I did win $50 at a slot machine... quarters, right after someone else walked away from that slot machine.  Every time I had time the tables were busy, every time I was in a hurry to go someplace the tables were not busy.  That's okay, I did not have money to lose anyway.

I stayed at Luxor, in the pyramid.  That means you ride in an "inclinator" not an elevator.  That is an interesting sensation.  Anyway, Luxor, as in Ancient Egypt.  Quite by accident I was dressed to the theme.... I mean I could have passed for the stereotypical archaeologist... I wore a jacket with lots of pockets, jeans, and tan clogs that looked like they could be boots because of the cut of the jeans.  So, people in Luxor sometimes thought I was part of the show.... they have a guy wandering around in a Pharoah getup, and women dressed up like Cleopatra, like that.  I would hear people behind me in the elevator whispering about "she must be part of the show" and "we should follow her".... much to my amusement.

Anyway, if I ever go to Las Vegas again, I want to stay in a themed hotel and dress the part on purpose.  Just for giggles.  To be honest, I would probably stay at Luxor again, because I still have the jacket and it's the easiest getup to assemble. Looking to have a good time, and a lot of laughs..... I wish I could visit Las Vegas often.

my jacket had removable sleeves, and lots of pockets, like this






No comments:

Post a Comment