Thursday, August 17, 2017

what shall become of us

what happened to us.  all I can think lately is: abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
I cannot believe that in my lifetime we have come from Martin Luther King, Jr. and John Lennon to a place where everyone is fighting with each other all the time..... 
we have lost sight of serenity, we have lost sight of peace on earth.
All of my life conflict between human beings has hurt my soul. It is a deep feeling, and it is personal.
________________
I cannot take this conflict any longer.  
Please, everyone, please turn off all media devices and talk to each other. 
I mean it, turn off the television, turn off the computer, turn off the radio, turn off your phone --YES that's right! your phone! TURN IT OFF!
Now, everyone just talk to each other. We need to take this action now, or humankind is doomed.
Forget about statues, forget about outside things that hurt your little feelings. Stop arguing, find common ground, because it is there.
Talk to other people, have a conversation.  Talk about the weather, talk about your family, ask them about their family.  Talk about your pets, talk about nature.  Step out of the moment, leave politics out of it, and make small talk. 



----------------------------
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Songwriters: John Lennon / Yoko Ono


------------------------------




2 comments: