Saturday, February 25, 2023

Suspending belief

 I am on a weight loss journey… it’s a slow go, but that’s a different story.

The thing is I don’t want to be struggling with the distracting feeling that my pants are falling down as I slowly lose weight. There is always a transitional phase where the current pants are too loose, but the smaller size is uncomfortable.  Belts are,… an issue, they’re uncomfortable and frankly it’s not easy to find a belt I really like.  I am spoiled because for several years I had a dandy belt, that was more like woven leather – it didn’t have holes, it was as adjustable as any belt can be. Apparently I need to do some more research on the internet to find another like it.  It is belt that I wore frequently for more than 10 years, by way of saying that I remember the day I bought it, why I purchased it, and where I was at the time – more or less.  But I digress…


 About 3 weeks ago I decided to buy some suspenders.  I had been seeing the adverts pop up on the facebook feed and it was getting my attention.  So, I googled “suspenders” that led me to Amazon.  (As an aside I was liking the Amazon delivery feature of Lockers – at a local retail store, where my Amazon orders could wait, safely out of the elements, for me to pick them up more or less at my convenience. I have had some troubles with USPS delivery – and that’s another story.)

 I quickly found what I was looking for on Amazon, and started an order for 3 pairs of suspenders. That’s when the trouble started.  I could not get it to accept the delivery address of the Amazon Lockers – not any place I tried!

I decided to connect with Amazon customer service to try to find out why.

To my utter amazement the customer service team had absolutely NO CLUE what suspenders are… I am sorry that I only screen shotted a portion of the dialogue:


To be fair to the young man this is what he sees when he looks where I direct him:




He cannot envision this being folded up and placed in a small mailer bag.  And I have ordered 3 of them! They must be enormous. 

So my question is this:  IS EVERYONE AT AMAZON that ignorant?

---- insert facepalm here ----

I mean either no one at Amazon knows what suspenders are, or they have some kind of agreement with the vendor to have the vendor direct ship the items, but they cannot simply tell the customer that.  (unbelievable)

After wasting like an hour on that nonsense I went to the source and ordered my suspenders from:

https://www.suspenderstore.com/womens-suspenders.html

 

They shipped fast, and the small wee package fit inside my mailbox! Will wonders never cease…..

 I think that I am done with Amazon now.  (Plus the cost was lower without the middle man.) 




------------

For the curious: I have cut way down on sugar and carbs, but I am not calculating for keto... it's called "dirty keto".  I have not lost a lot of weight, but I do feel better, and a lot of inflammation has gone away.  That's all I'm gonna say at present.

....
...
..
.



No comments:

Post a Comment