Thursday, July 21, 2022

Lucid dreams, strange dreams...

I took a nap yesterday, and slept good for the first time in weeks.  But I had a disturbing and very realistic dream, with only small details being twilight zone-ish.

I dreamed that I was living in a neighborhood I left over 20 years ago.  In the dream there was a large family or maybe several families living in the property across the street from my home. There was a crowd of young males playing basketball in the driveway.  If you have ever been subject to the noise of a basketball constantly bouncing off of pavement,.. and echoing endlessly off of every house... that's annoying to say the least. 

Suddenly the young fellows noticed that I had been glancing out of the window.  They all flooded across the road - right up to my window, not quite pressing their faces on the glass.  In the dream the window was a rather wide expanse of glass. Then one of the young men somehow opened the window, sliding it aside.  I slammed the window shut again, and struggled with the latch.

When I looked out again there was a policeman standing in the midst of the young men, asking if I needed help.  When I replied that I did require assistance the young fellows fled - off the roof of the garage, where they had climbed to harass me through a window that was suddenly on the upper floor, above the garage.  (this was NOT the house I actually lived in, which was a one-storey home)

I blink and I am standing at the front door of the house.  I see the policeman, and when I invite him to enter the home he morphs into a black woman.  She enters the home and we begin to talk to each other.

I ask if she has ever held or fired a gun, and as she answers, "no", with a smirk she pulls a gun out of her handbag and begins to wipe it with a cloth.  I pull out a gun of my own, as she fires her gun into the floor repeatedly until she is out of ammunition.

At this point I woke up.  

That was little unnerving, but not strictly unusual in the realm of my dreams, which are at best described as The Twilight Zone. I was aware that I was dreaming the entire time, but this time not in control of any of it.  

....

...

..

.

No comments:

Post a Comment