Sunday, November 10, 2019

My Favorite Year


link to My 1972 playlist


As I listen to my 1972 playlist for a third time, and contemplate that time in my life, I realized that 1972 is my favorite year.  In the past I have never felt that any year could be singled out.  I guess this comes with age and reminiscence.  

I no longer have anyone to discuss such things with,... at least not anyone who was there with me.  And I never confided my true self to another human being; never shared my inner self with anyone about that particular time in my life.  

It was a time of awakening, of new awareness about self, about life, loss, maturity, and secrets.
Partially through music I was growing to understand grown up feelings. Empathy, sympathy, love. It was a time of innocence, but also a time of growth emotionally and spiritually. It was a time of hope, looking to the future and having the whole world to explore.





M*A*S*H first episode






....
...
..
.


No comments:

Post a Comment